Monday, July 23, 2018

Floral Card with Kat Scrappiness Crafters Essentials 1


Hello again, crafters!  Thanks for joining me today for a look at a card project I recently made using the new "Crafters Essentials 1" from Kat Scrappiness.  This amazing set of dies comes with 13 different pieces to mix and match to your heart's content.  There are a ton of possible designs you could make with these dies, and I can tell that I will be reaching for these again and again in my craft room.  Let's get into some details of my card design.


I decided to use the three-window rectangle die from the set to be my main element.  I cut it out of Cotton Candy card stock and kept the three little window pieces.  I will use one of them for my sentiment, and save the other two for future projects.  I try to never throw away useful scraps - this can be an expensive hobby, and I try to make use of every scrap I have!


For my papers I chose two different patterns from the Penny Black "Beau Jardins" 6x6 pad.  The leaf paper will be my background, and I cut the multi-flower paper in a strip to fit behind my pink frame.  You could also cut your paper with the frame and then fit the pieces in like a puzzle, which would give you a seamless look.


Since I love adding ribbons to my cards, I chose this pretty Lemon Drop grosgrain ribbon from my stash (I'm sorry, it's not longer available for sale.)  Because it's a bit thick, I decided to skip tying a bow and used a second little piece of ribbon to tie a simple knot.  I also clipped the ribbon ends at an angle to finish them off.



Once I attached everything to my card front, I added the sentiment piece with some foam tape.  I liked the dimension, especially since the ribbon has some too.  The sentiment (from a Laurel Burch stamp set) was stamped in VersaFine Onyx Black ink and heat set with Ranger's Clear embossing powder.  As a final embellishment, I used some sequins from the "Spring Leaves" mix and scattered a bit of the "3mm Pink Heart Confetti" across my card front.  Both of these are from Kat Scrappiness, and I will have all the links down below this post.


Here is my card all finished!  It really was quite simple, and a great way to use some pretty patterned papers.  If you would like to purchase this wonderful set of dies, here is the shopping link to the Kat Scrappiness shop:  KatScrappiness.com   Don't forget to use the discount code "CYNTHIA10" during checkout to receive 10% off your entire order.  Thank you for joining me today, and I will see you all soon.

SHOPPING:




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

SweetCynthy Color Crafts Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Homestay Bukit Gambang

Blogger Templates