Wednesday, April 5, 2017

"Puppy Love" Thank You Card

Hello crafters!  I have been making quite a few YouTube videos since I got my channel going, which has been a lot of fun.  However, this blog is being ignored again 😔  I really need to figure out a way to organize my time and include blogging, YouTube, crafting and life into each day.  We'll have to see how that goes....

Anyway, today I'm showing you the thank you card that I made for my daughter's birthday.  I created multiple cards so that she could personally mail a "thank you" to each person who sent her a gift.  I've been working with the Doodlebug Designs "Puppy Love" collection lately, so we picked some cute papers and the puppy she liked best.  It came from the Silhouette Design Store, and I just re-sized it to fit my card front.


I used colored card stock from my Co'ordinations smooth paper collection to create the pup out of three different browns.  His eyes and nose are black, his collar is navy blue, and I colored his dog tag with my silver ink pen.  Isn't he the cutest?!


I chose a repeating tennis ball pattern for the background, and a cute tone-on-tone orange paper featuring interlocking dog bones.  I made the flag with a piece of turquoise blue card stock, then layered everything with the same navy blue paper as the dog collar.


I'm sad to say that I don't have any dog-related sentiment stamps, so I decided to use my Silhouette software to create one.  I chose a cute font that was playful, typed out my own sentiment, then printed it onto white card stock.  To dress up the sentiment strip, I added a chunky brad from the Doodlebug design pack that perfectly matched the orange in the papers.  I love it when everything matches!

For a more comprehensive look at how I created this card, here is my video:

Puppy Love Thank You Card

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

SweetCynthy Color Crafts Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Homestay Bukit Gambang

Blogger Templates