Saturday, August 12, 2017

Layered Leaves "Thank You" Card

Hey, crafters!  Today's video is all about how I made a simple Thank You card using a borrowed stamp and die set.  My sweet mom was kind enough to let me borrow her Sizzix "Leaves" set.  As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to play with it - I'm a sucker for anything with leaves!  Just to get my fingers inky, I did a simple stamping of the leaves themselves in Bamboo Leaves ink from Memento.




Then I stamped the outline in a rich Chocolate Brown ink from My Favorite Things.



I used the smaller outline die to cut out the entire vine, then used the larger outline die to cut a piece of black card stock.  These layer together beautifully!




Once I put the floral paper down on the card base, I knew that I needed a nice oval piece for the center.  My oval dies from Spellbinders are great, but I wanted something narrower because I didn't want to cover up the pretty flowers too much.  This is where having a Silhouette Cameo really comes in handy!  I figured out the ideal measurements of my ovals and simply created one that would fit perfectly.  I cut this out of the pale purple dotted paper, then cut a slightly larger oval from white.  For the scalloped piece, I found a round scalloped cut file in my library and simply resized it to fit my card.  I could have found a scalloped oval in the Silhouette shop to avoid any distortions, but I wanted to use what I already had.  I think it turned out cute!

Assembly was very easy with the pieces.  I kept everything flat and only popped up the leaves with some foam squares.  The finishing touch was 3 little iridescent bubbles in colors picked from the patterned paper.  Voila!


Check out my card video on YouTube:


Supplies Used in this project:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

SweetCynthy Color Crafts Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Homestay Bukit Gambang

Blogger Templates