Tuesday, August 29, 2017

"Turtley Awesome" Distress Oxide Card

Hey there, crafters!  This time around I am showing a card I made while playing with my Distress Oxide inks again.  First of all, I was using a new-to-me technique of applying the ink pads directly to my paper.  Here is a video showing this process in action:

Distress Oxides Direct To Paper Technique VIDEO

Once I had the pretty panel done, I decided to break out my brand new Newton's Nook "Waves" stencil.  Using the Simon Says Stamp "White" pigment ink, I sponged over the stencil to create a soft, translucent layer of waves over the Oxide inks.  Isn't it pretty?


The next step was to figure out which stamp set to use.  I looked in my basket of new stamps and saw that I still hadn't used my Clearly Besotted "Cool Dude" stamp set featuring some very cute turtles.  Perfect!


There are several sentiments that come in the stamp set, and for this project I chose two different ones.  They're very cute, puny sentiments and I also like the font a lot.  I colored the turtles with my Copic Markers, as well as the tiny orange fish, and accented the panel with strips of colorful dotted paper from Bella Blvd.  So fun!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

SweetCynthy Color Crafts Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Homestay Bukit Gambang

Blogger Templates