Saturday, March 5, 2016

"Hello" Red Butterfly

Hey there, crafty friends!  Today's post features another watercolored butterfly, this time with an assortment of coordinating papers.  I made the butterfly first, then sorted through my patterned paper packs and found something that worked perfectly!


The butterfly paper ties together all of the various colors, and the green polka dot paper and blue striped paper are from the same paper pack.  I bought a bunch of My Mind's Eye brand packs when they were on sale, and I'm pleasantly surprised by how versatile they are.




One of my favorite inks is VersaFine Onyx Black.  It is a very dark, rich black that stamps beautifully and can capture even the finest details in your stamps.  Since it's a pigment ink, it takes just a few minutes to dry, so I will usually sprinkle it with clear embossing powder and heat it.  This adds a touch of dimension and really makes your sentiments pop against a busy background.

Here's a supply list for this card:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

SweetCynthy Color Crafts Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Homestay Bukit Gambang

Blogger Templates