Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Adorable Elephant

Hello, my friends!  Today I will be showing a Thank You card that I recently made featuring a super cute elephant stamp from MFT.  This chubby guy makes a great focal piece for all sorts of cards, but I decided I wanted to use the cute sentiment that goes with him.


The Sweet Safari stamp set comes with these cute leaves, so I decided to add some little flowers to the design that surrounds him.  You gotta watch me carefully sometimes - I will add flowers to anything and everything I can!  But I just really like them, and also the bright strawberry color, so there they are :-)


Here you can see that I popped up the elephant, the flowers, and a few of the leaves.  I love adding dimension, and when you have clusters it really helps separate the elements so that you don't have a "pile" of stuff on your card.  I also added a layered circle frame under the elephant to draw your eye to him.  Another common trick of mine is to make a couple of cards at the same time - since all the supplies are already out, it's super easy to duplicate!  Here I made the same card again, only I added some little blue flowers that I had on hand.



Supply list and shopping links:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

SweetCynthy Color Crafts Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Homestay Bukit Gambang

Blogger Templates