Friday, February 19, 2016

Wild Watercolor Butterfly

Hello, friends!  Todays offering is a little bit wild, but I was so in love with the background and the butterfly that I just had to put them together.


It all started with playing around with my Distress Inks and making some small watercolor pieces.  I used Peacock Feathers to start, then added splashes of Picked Raspberry.  Even though I was making multiple layers and drying between each, the water activated the colors and mixed them into the most GORGEOUS purples you have ever seen.  I wanted vibrant colors with clearly defined edges, which is accomplished by drying your inks between every application of ink.  It's SO much fun to play with your inks like this, and I encourage you to do the same :-)


This picture shows the background stamping with it's fabulous glitter and shine!  I got this look by stamping black paper with clear VersaMark ink and adding a glittered clear embossing powder.  The powder has the same turquoise/hot pink sparkles that are a perfect match for my butterfly.  Since the watercolor paper had some scraps left over, I used a heart-shaped die to cut out some little embellishments.  I glued them down and then covered them with glossy accents.


Isn't this the prettiest shot of the butterfly?  You can see all the variations in color, and the way that the background glitter coordinates so nicely.  I decided to add dots of white gel pen around the edges of the wings to help it stand out against the busy background.  I also found the perfect turquoise colored card stock to edge the background with and use in my sentiment piece.


And, of course, you know I HAD to bump up the butterfly on foam tape!  It's a favorite trick of mine that I will probably use on 99% of my card creations :-)  Embrace the foam!!

Here's a pretty complete list of all the materials I used for this project:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

SweetCynthy Color Crafts Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Homestay Bukit Gambang

Blogger Templates