Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Stained Glass Roses

Good morning!  Today I'm feeling a little under the weather, so this will be a quick one.  I was browsing the deeper pages of one of my favorite online shops when I stumbled across the Elizabeth Craft Designs outline stickers.  I had always wanted to try them but never did.  Boy, are they fun!  They have a wonderful look of stained glass about them, and the stickers have a glossy raised surface.  You can see a bit of the shine in the upper left on the second photo.  I was worried about them distorting but, as long as you're careful, you can lay them down gently and they fall into place perfectly.  Just be aware that static cling is an issue, and the stickers are drawn to your paper as soon as the two get close to each other :-)


For this rose I decided to go with a classic pink combination with a pretty yellow-green leaf.  The Copic background is actually lavender, but my camera turned it blue :-(  I hand trimmed my white card stock around the oval sticker, then layered it with a cute Doodlebug floral paper and a scallop-edged panel of black.  The focal piece was then popped up over a background of simple stripes and another layer of black.  I absolutely LOVE to use black as a base for papers, and go through it faster than any other color of card stock.  I like to buy the 50-sheet Recollections black card stock from my local Michael's - the price is excellent and the paper is thin enough to work very well in layering.


This closer look shows the delicate floral pattern on the pink paper.  I am a huge fan of Doodlebug and all of their adorable papers, and this tiny pattern is amazingly versatile.  I only had a few sheets of it and it's already gone - I guess I need to go shopping again :-)


Here you can see the focal panel is popped up just a bit over the background.  Again, I do this just about every time I make something, but it's such an effective way to add instant interest to a card!  It also draws your eye to the delicate scallops.  The minute I saw those dies I knew I had to have them, and I think they'll pop up in many future projects.

Again, I've complied a list of most of the items I used to create this card.  The roses were colored with my Copic Sketch markers, and if you'd like to know the colors I used please leave me a comment below.

Supplies I used:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

SweetCynthy Color Crafts Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Homestay Bukit Gambang

Blogger Templates