Saturday, February 20, 2016

Butterflies On My Mind

Today's offering features another of my obsessions:  Butterflies!  You will see them pop up again and again in my creations because I love them and can never have enough :-)


This gorgeous butterfly was created the same way as the other one from my last post.  I used watercolor paper and some Distress Ink in three different shades, dipping the paper into the different colors and drying the ink after each layer.  Once it was done, I added the detail layer in black card stock and found a butterfly tag in my supply stash.  I brought more pink into the design with a panel behind the tag, mounted it on black, and then found a tone-on-tone orange patterned paper.  A scattering of Pretty Pink Posh sequins is the final detail.


I like to attach my sequins with Ranger's Multi Medium Matte, which is a creamy paste-like glue that dries clear and holds things VERY securely.  You can still get them off the paper, but you have to aggressively tear them off - they won't just fall off by themselves.  The only other dimension is a little bit of foam tape under the butterfly.



I picked a sentiment stamp from MFT that has a cute font and fits perfectly in the center of the tag.  Since I make so many cards of all sorts, I will often select a sentiment for aesthetic reasons.  Plus, a sentiment such as this one can have multiple meanings, and the message you add to the inside of the card can be anything you want :-)

Here's a partial list of the items I used and links where you can find them:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

SweetCynthy Color Crafts Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Homestay Bukit Gambang

Blogger Templates